Christian Recovery Social Network Discussion Forums - Alcohol and Drug Addiction Help/Support
Go Back   Christian Recovery Social Network Discussion Forums - Alcohol and Drug Addiction Help/Support > Welcome To Christian Recovery Fellowship! > Prayers & Prayer Requests

Prayers & Prayer Requests Post Your Favorite Prayers & Prayer Requests Here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
admin
Administrator

Default Prayer for a Confused/Rebellious Teen

Prayer for a Confused/Rebellious Teen
Exodus 20:12

King James Version

Honour thy father and mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Father,

The child that obeys this commandment, receives the promise of a long life. I bring [child's name] before You and stand firmly upon the promises of Your Word. God, you are my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble (Psalm 46:1). I shall call upon You, and You will answer, You will be with [child's name] in trouble; You will deliver [child's name], and honour him/her. With long life will you satisfy him/her, and shew him/her Your salvation (Psalm 91:14-15). LORD, a wise son/daughter heareth his/her parent's instruction (Proverbs 13:1). I will provoke not [child's name] to anger, lest he/she be discouraged (Colossians 3:21). Rather, I will train [child's name] in the way he/she should go: and when he/she is old, he/she will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6). [Child's name] will walketh with the wise, because a companion of fools will be destroyed (Proverbs 13:20). I boldly confess that [child's name] chooses godly friends and influences, so that he/she would not be a companion of fools which would lead to destruction. Father, thank You for watching over Your Word to perform it. I pray and ask that You would turn the heart of the parents to [child's name] and the heart of [child's name] to his/her parents (Malachi 4:1). I ask these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. --Week In The Word
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply